Sunday 18 January 2009

Be done by February?

If you take a look back, you may just notice that I've been meaning to start this sweater for... Well, for a long time! A really long time! 
I saw the pattern a long time ago (on a website far far away) and then I bought the yarn a while ago, but I only started this sweater on Tuesday. Yup. Only half a year later. I guess it's just been the first time I haven't had a more pressing craft to work on! 


But so far I'm loving the pattern. 
#1 reason to love the pattern? I'm an extra small! That's like... unheard of. Okay. Really all that means is that I don't have a big chest measurement, but still. I don't mind. I was quite worried about it on the outset. I read a bunch of posts on ravelry just to make sure I wasn't off my rocker about my size, but it seems like this has happened to a bunch of other kind knitters as well! 
The pattern is also pretty easy to follow. 

I do have to admit, I'm not sure I like the eyelet increase row. You can see the small holes there that it created. I don't know why she put in a YO increase rather than one that would have been more invisible. It might look okay in the end, but for right now, that's the only thing I don't like about the design. 

But it's going pretty well. I wouldn't say that it's knitting up fast, but it is moving right along. I think it'll slow down a little now that I'm on the gull lace pattern section. It was nice and fast going on the top when it was just garter stitch. A little boring, but at least fast.  

The thing I'm worried about the most for this project? That the buttons aren't going to look great. But that is a long time off and can always be fixed. 

No comments: