Wednesday 1 April 2009

No Joke

No joke. Sometimes I'm really not as good as I think I am. 


Honestly. How hard can a pattern using only single crochets be? Unfortunately, the answer seems to be, very hard.
See those tiny yellow and green... things? Well, they were meant to be an amigurumi frog and bee. Meant to be. I don't think they ever will be. You see those things? That is the result of 5 hours of crocheting. No joke. You would not believe how many times I ripped out everything and started the pattern again. There just might have been some foul words involved! 

So dearest, bestest friend. The one whose birthday is today. (Happy Birthday!!!) You will not be getting a cute little amigurumi pet. I was hoping to have a few done for you, but as it turns out... I'm just not good enough to make them. (Next time you notice a pattern, I hope its a knit one.) So, please pick something else... and I hope you don't mind a very belated birthday gift.

I really don't know what my problem was with these patterns. I've never crocheted from a pattern before, more than finding a base repeat to use for an afghan, so maybe I wasn't doing it close to right. Maybe reading of the pattern threw me off. And the green yarn wasn't nice to crochet with. 
Whatever it was... I guess I know I need to work on my crocheting skills. 

No comments: