Friday 1 January 2010

Happy blog-iversary 2!

Subtitle: In which my blog turns two!
(Sub-subtitle: Does that mean my blog is into the terrible twos?!)

Well, Happy Blog-iversary to me! It's been a good two years of knitting. I've come a LONG way! I know so much more and I can make way better stuff. Or at least I think so. :)

Here's the round up of what I knit this year by numbers:
Hats - 23
Sweaters - 6
Scarves - 6
Headbands - 4
Socks/Slippers - 3
Mug warmers - 3
Bags - 3
Baby Afghans - 2
Mittens - 2
Dish cloths - 2

Pretty good for only one year! (In case you are curious, I did 11 crochet projects, 43 knits)

But you will notice a huge disparity in what I knit. Hats, hats and more hats...
That brings me to my New Years Knitting resolutions. I did this last year and I accomplished 2 of 3. I made socks! Yay! And I knit myself sweater(s) that I wear. Double yay! Now I just really need to learn how to do continental knitting. I *can* do it, I just don't really like it. I understand that one day it will be faster, but for some reason I just keep using the throw method.
So one of last years resolutions will also be on this year's resolution list.

1) *Really* learn how to do continental knitting.
2) Stop making so many damn hats! I will try to limit myself to 5 for the whole year! (... Um. Doubt I'll be able to stop myself, but I don't want to only knit them!!)
3) Design my own sweater pattern. (I already have ideas and yarn I want to use. I just actually have to do it!)

So again... Those goals/resolutions are achievable.

Yay for a new year. Yay for a new decade! And yay for more knitting projects to come!
All the best to y'all.

2 comments:

Dat Baeb said...

I'm proud to have one of those scarves. Yeah Hufflepuff! You can always send extra hats my way...the boys and I could always use a touque. We'll make some knitting dates when you get home. ;)

Jordan Sneakers said...

The new line is absolutely stunning! I have been so entertained by your blog,keep smiling and take care!