Sunday 31 January 2010

Shower gifts

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: handmade gifts are the best! Who doesn't like getting something someone took the time to make them? And all babies need an afghan in my opinion. Even if you live somewhere that blankets are TOTALLY not necessary, somehow kids just need 'em.
That's why I made this set for friend of mine from the gym.

Originally I was going to just make the afghan, but then I had left over yarn and figured I could make a cute hat pretty quickly too. Yup!

I think it's a nice set. I hope they like it!
The only thing I don't like about it is the yellow stripes in the afghan. Yuck! What was I thinking? It would have been a lot cuter with just the pink and blue. But, all in all, I'm happy with this gift.
Now I just have to make another afghan. This one for my yet-to-be-born niece. But I got a little while yet for that...

No comments: