Wednesday 6 January 2010

Two letters

Be forewarned, this blog post containing two letters has nothing to do with knitting, but something just happened to me and I wanted to write this and I figured this was my best spot to express these thoughts.

Dear Mr. Army Dude Rodriguez,
(aka my knight in green fatigues and army boots)
Thank you for coming to my rescue when I was stranded at the side of the highway. Well... on the highway off ramp. I don't know what I would have done without you. ... Okay I know what I would have done - I would have sat there for another 30 minutes wondering what I should do. And then I would have called roadside assistance.
Thank you for stopping and offering aid and coolant and oil. Thank you for saying - "Don't worry. This happens to everyone." Thank you for taking the time out of you busy night to follow me to the gas station to get more of said coolant and oil. Thank you for being so kind and helpful.
People like you are few and far between and I would like to express my gratitude. If I knew how to find you again, I'd knit you something really manly. (I wonder what you knit for an army dude...) But since I can't find you, I'll just say: Thank you. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
I am, yours sincerely,
-the girl from the side of the road.

Dear Sue -
I hope, dear car, that you can be fixed. I'll try to find out tomorrow. If you can be fixed, we will drive together again soon. If you can't, it's been a good run. Five years. I will always remember you with fondness.
love,
-your owner.

2 comments:

stephchows said...

oh no!!!!! and a big thank you to the army dude from me too!! I love kind souls like him

Dat Baeb said...

How awesome that you got help! Bummer about the stranded car. That is NO fun!