Wednesday 1 August 2012

Peach Afghan

If you've been around the blog before, you should be well aware of the fact that I love the Olympics and I love my grandma. I can (and have) watched the Olympics all day. If it's an Olympic sport, I can and will get pretty excited about it. Rowing? Hells yeah! Swimming? Of course. Diving. Did you see that inward three and a half tuck? And don't even get me started on Gymnastics!

So what better thing to do than pick up an Olympic knitting project. A while back my lovely 97 year old grandma was telling me how she was sad she'd never finish the afghan she was working on. Well, hello! Perfect project for me! So this time when she came to town to visit I told her to bring the half done afghan. So here it is:

 I have three afghans in this exact pattern. I love them. I got one when I was born. All my siblings and cousins did. You can't really tell from these pictures, but the yarn is peach. Not my favourite colour... but for grandma I will work on it.

So, here's to many (too many?) more hours of Olympic excitement and afghan knitting.

Hope y'all are enjoying the Games as much as I am!

2 comments:

stephchows said...

So fun! I'm so excited you are finishing it for her!!!

Corrie said...

Ah, so pretty. Peach is nice for Grandma! Nice of you to finish it! :)
[GO CANADA!]