Friday 31 August 2012

traditions

Does two years a tradition make? Is twice of something, enough? Because if so, then stephchows and I definitely have a few traditions. 1) We go on a camping and hiking weekend in the summer. 2) I make her a I've seen and loved from craftgawker for our birthday. 

Last year I made her this bag from and old shirt. This year I made her a skirt!


Okay. Yes. This is also a skirt made from a shirt. Coincidence? Not really...


I saw a bunch on posts via craftgawker and really wanted to try making my own. It was dead simple. Well, unless you take into account that I had to a) sew and b) iron. Two things I don't love doing and am not great at.

The changes that I made:
1) I sewed down the button edge so that the skirt can't be unbuttoned. (No need for an embarrassing situation!)
2) I sewed a band along the top in which to put the elastic. (It's being strategically covered by a cute belt)

And that's it. It was really that simple. Some cutting. A little sewing. And now hopefully Steph will have a lot of fun wearing it.

3 comments:

stephchows said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! best skirt ever! Thanks again!!!

Corrie said...

Cute! Nice colour!

Ty'sMommy said...

My goodness, you have been BUSY!! Love the skirt!